Dux Inflatable Boats and Products, LLC.
10 Year Limited Warranty
Effective December 1st, 2011
Dux Inflatables Boats and Products, LLC, (hereinafter called “MANUFACTURER”) warrants all of its new boats and products (subject to the terms and conditions listed below) to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal non-commercial use and service to only the original retail purchaser (hereinafter called “consumer”) for the time period stated herein, when the boat is sold through an authorized DUX boat dealer or direct from the Michigan factory. This warranty is not transferable to any subsequent owner of the boat. As all Dux products, there is a NO REFUND policy as set forth in the terms and conditions for any reason from the time of the sale forward. As each Boat is individually built to fit the customer and the identification of each watercraft is branded to the purchaser all sales must be final!
MANUFACTURER, whose current legal address is: 11644 SW Greenville Road, Greenville Rd., Greenville, MI. 48838 Local and out of country telephone calls please dial: Toll Free: 855.389.2628 (USA and Canada) or 616-794-9588 (direct or international) grants the following LIMITED WARRANTY .to customer.
TERMS OF WARRANTY
- 1.COMMERCIAL USE: – This warranty extends to any non-commercial Consumer, for personal, family, recreational, leisure or household purposes
- a.Vinyl or fabric that fades or discolors;
- b.Engine installation when installed by others;
- c.Gel coat cracks, stars, blisters or Gel coat fading or fiberglass.
- 3.TUBES AND TRANSOM– Manufacturers’ port and starboard sponsons, provide a 2 YEARWARRANTY for damage resulting from defects in material or workmanship to only the original owner. The Transom Provides a 10 year Warranty for Material or workmanship to only the original owner.
- 4.COMPONENTS NOT MANUFACTURED BY MANUFACTURER– The component parts not manufactured by MANUFACTURER are individually warranted by their respective manufacturers and not by Boat Manufacturer. Applicable warranty policies or statements not delivered with the boat can be requested from Manufacturers’ Service Department for the following components:
- b.Engines or outboards and parts;
- c.Hardware and lights;
- d.Controls and steering components;
- e.Fuel tanks or hoses;
- f.Seats or components;
- g.Bimini Tops;
- h.Plastic Deck or Fiberglass Deck;
- k.End Cones;
- 6.FURTHER, THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO:
- a.Damage resulting from the use or storage of harmful solvents or cleaners, electrolysis by reversed polarity connections, use of improper anti-fouling paint or metal attachment to the boat.
- b.Damages due to accident, misuse, abuse, negligent operations, or acts of Nature.
- c.Boats used for racing purposes or boats that have been modified in any way.
- d.Use of motors larger than specified under the user manual or stamped on the boat.
During the warranty period described above, if a claim is filed by the customer claiming “WARRANTY” the MANUFACTURER will, at its own option, repair or replace, free of charge, including related labor charges, any warranted parts found to be defective due to defective material or workmanship when repair work is done MANUFACTURER within a reasonable time after the boat is delivered for repair. Expenses, losses to the customer for all incidental or consequential items of a commercial nature (such as hotel accommodations, telephone calls, meals, loss of salaries or commissions resulting from down time, etc.) are not covered under this warranty and MANUFACTURER disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for such.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
- a.Should a warranted defect occur within the warranty period, the consumer should immediately (in no event later than 30 days after the discovery of the defect) contact the dealer or the factory from whom the boat was purchased. The boat must be returned to the dealer from whom you purchased the boat to perform warranty repairs. In the event you are traveling or have moved to another location, notice may be given and the original MANUFACTURER may perform warranty and or one of it’s authorized dealers.
- b.You must present your original sales receipt to the dealer to prove the boat is stillwarranty.
- c.The authorized MANUFACTURER and or dealer will examine the boat to determine if, in his opinion, a warrantable defect exists. If a warrantable defect exists, the dealer will, at its opinion, repair or replace the defect under “Boat Manufacturer’s Responsibility” above. If, in the dealer’s opinion, service is required at the factory, the dealer must obtain written authorization for MANUFACTURER’s Warranty Department. The boat(s) must then be returned to the MANUFACTURER’s Warranty Department, prepared for transportation with all transportation charges prepaid by Consumer. Boat Manufacturer will, at its option repair or replace the defect as described under MANUFACTURER’s Responsibility” above. The boat will be returned to Consumer using the customers choice of shippers . This warranty does not cover transportation to the dealer or the manufacture, loss of time, loss of revenues, inconvenience or other incidental or consequential damages.
- d.Consumers will be asked to sign a warranty form to assure MANUFACTURER that all warranty work has been performed.
The Consumer and the selling Boat Dealer must complete the warranty registration card on the date of delivery. The card must be submitted within thirty, (30) day’s of the delivery to MANUFACTURER, a condition precedent to warranty coverage. It is the obligation of the Consumer to deliver and or package, crate and ship the boat-prepaid freight to the MANUFACTURER and or it’s authorized selling dealer for inspection and or repairs, within thirty, (30) days of the discovery of the defect.
EXCLUSION AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES
These boats are intended primarily for recreation and leisure purposes. This warranty does not extend to any defect due to the negligence of others, failure to operate or maintain the products in accordance with the operating and maintenance instructions furnished with each new product, unreasonable use, accident, alterations, or ordinary wear and tear.
INCONSIDERATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THESE WRITTEN WARRANTIES AND ANY OTHER WARRANTIES ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY. (Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.) THIS WARRANTY IS SPECIFICALLY IN LEIU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESSED WARRANTIES ON THE PART OF MANUFACTURER. No person including any dealer, agent or representative of MANUFACTURER is authorized to make any representation or warranty concerning Boat Manufacture products on behalf of the company, except to refer purchasers to this warranty. This warranty excludes transportation to and from the dealer or manufacture to obtain warranty service, loss of time, and loss of revenues, inconvenience or other incidental damages. MANUFACTURE IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CONSIQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF ANY WRITTEN OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, NEGLAGENCE OR OTHERWISE FOR SUCH MANUFACTURES. (Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.) THE WARRANTY HEREIN CONTAINED IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THIS BOAT, AND THE MANUFACTURER DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNERS OR PURCHASERS OF THIS BOAT. The MANUFACTURER reserves the right to make changes in design as they see fit and or changes with the materials used in the manufacturing of its product without any obligation to incorporate such changes in any product previously manufactured. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.